MAX BILL RATE: $90/hr..
Senior Software Engineer
PROJECT: The position is staff augmentation for building and deploying code related to applications surrounding the loading, curating, storing and extracting the data in a large data environment.
NICE TO HAVE: Healthcare data experience is nice to have.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: Healthcare specific data knowledge, FHIR, ETL.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Provider data experience, FHIR experience.
LOCATION: MN102 or fully remote.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
Please describe the team the candidate will be working with – how many members and what is the break-down of the team’s skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)? normal SDLC positions, about 5-10 members per team
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)healthcare
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
Staff required to support OptumCare CareData Platform Azure data platform project. Project is funded through Optum Care Strategic Platform and has been allocated funding through 2020 2+10.
OptumCare Strategic Platform (OCSP) will create the capabilities and systems to support future membership growth volumes ultimately contributing to incremental IOI within organic business growth global risk membership. The cloud-based Data solution will allow CDOs to focus on growing membership and away from managing IT infrastructure and related efforts. Savings / cost avoidance will come from multiple sources:
Reduction CDO Data Warehouse software licensing and infrastructure cost
Reduction in growth of CDO staff related to aggregation and reporting of data
Reduction in effort associated with “one-off” data requests to CDO staff
Elimination of major CDO specific data warehouse refactoring or modernization projects
CareData Platform is a Microsoft Azure commercial cloud based data platform. We are building the technology and data platform to enable OptumCare to pursue complementary strategies of developing local market focused value based care arrangements and driving the quadruple aim at a national level. The CareData Platform will enable CDOs to easily manage their own data while also providing a mechanism to allow for enterprise-wide aggregation and normalization of data.
• Maintain, improve, clean, and manipulate data in the business’s operational and analytics databases
• Design and deploy data platforms across multiple domains ensuring operability
• Transform data for meaningful analyses
• Improve data efficiency, reliability and quality
• Create data enrichment
• Build high performance
• Ensure data integrity
• Create and manage data stores at scale
• Ensure data governance – security, quality, access and compliance
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• BS/BA or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of experience designing, coding and supporting distributed, data intensive systems at scale
• 8+ years of experience with relational database delivery
• 8+ years of experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• 3+ years of experience in Agile Delivery
• Hands-on experience with ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, etc)
• Experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, mysql, etc)
• Experience with programming languages (Pythong, Java, Go, scala, etc)
• Development experience with BIG Data technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, MapR, Talend, PIG Scripting, HBase, HIVE, SPARK); Relational databases; and Test automation in Linux/Windows environments
• Experience in DevOps Automation tools (Oozie, Python, etc)
• Experience in delivering Data Platforms
• Hands-on experience in full automated testing framework (unit & integration),cucumber, spock, Go unit test, Junit
• Hands-on experience of big data and streaming frameworks – kafka , Hadoop, Hive, spark, HDFS
• Hands-on experience on using PAAS like – Kubernetes, Openshift
• Hands-on experience on working on CICD platform and monitoring – namely Github, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
• Experience and working exposure in cloud environment, preferably Azure
• Excellent communication skills with ability to describe data/capability stories and explain value to customers
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc) 7:30-4:30 with flexibility
What does the interview process look like?
o How many rounds?
o Video, phone, or in person?
o How technical will the interviews be? Teams video
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.