Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Columbus, OH (remote)
As the Sr. Full-stack Java Engineer for Brooksource’s fortune 25 healthcare client here in Columbus, OH, you will be working in all layers of an application and guiding a team of developers. As a Software Engineering craftsman, you will be working in an agile environment responsible for the development, delivery and operation of computing and information services. If you have 5+ years of related experience and want to be on the ground floor of building a new cutting-edge platform, please keep reading and apply!
- Act as a Full-stack developer lead and coach and provide expertise working in all layers of an application
- Guide a team of developers and act as a mentor to less experienced team members
- Work in an Agile development environment as a master hands-on developer architecting, designing, leading, and delivering technology solutions to transform healthcare into a safer and more cost-effective industry.
- Primary practitioner-coach on a team and help build the development capability of a team while influencing the technical direction of a larger organization.
- Work in a full stack development capacity with the following:
- Data Modeling
- Business Logic
- API layer / Action Layer / MVC
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Understanding what the customer and the business need
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, priority on the following:
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases
- Experience with cloud technology-AWS or GCP (preference for GCP)
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Agile development techniques
- Experience with paired programming/Test Driven Development
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Proven experience with client-side web development
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Proficiency in data modeling and API design
- Product management experience in agile environment – ideal but not required
Soft Skill Qualifications:
- You are a master developer, technologist, and coach with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- You are a leader and self-starter, and love to solve problems through technology.
- You have significant hands-on experience across the entire technology stack.
- You love to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a scalable production system.
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- You love building and working on high performing teams, collaborating with team members and have a record of improving your team’s ability to deliver.
- Passionate about delivering with quality and have experience in practices like TDD and ATDD
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems and get excited at the thought of no legacy code.
- You can co-locate with the development team
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.