Senior Software Engineer
Brooksource is searching for a Senior Software Engineer for the Enterprise Services team of one of our enterprise-level P&C Insurance clients in the Birmingham, AL (Mountain Brook/Homewood) area. The right person will have a passion for designing, developing, testing, and implementing enterprise software systems. They will work closely with Product Owners, business analysts, customers and other technical teams to write user stories that will ensure the customer’s business needs and expectations as well as enterprise goals are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You will also mentor, clarifying user requirements, define system functionality and create secure and easy to maintain software applications. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the entire SDLC from preliminary system analysis to testing and deployment. This position will be part of a growing team of developers and analysts who are dedicated to doing things the “right way”, always striving to leave something better than they found it and have fun doing it.
· 4+ years in C#, .Net framework and TFS
· SQL Server 2012+ experience required
· Experience writing REST and WebAPI services
· Experience with and ability to work with business customers to implement solutions for business opportunities.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to solve complex technical problems.
· Ability to learn and employ low-code engineering platforms in lieu of custom code
· NServiceBus v5+ experience
· Experience with Azure B2C or Azure AD
· Experience with Business Process Management platforms such as MuleSoft or Azure Integrations
· Experience in a Service Oriented/Microservices environment
· Distributed and Asynchronous Design and Development
· CQRS and Message Queuing/AMQP knowledge
· Angular, HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive design principles experience a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.