Remote (Sterling, VA)
6-month Contract to Hire
Brooksource is looking for a Software Engineer with strong frontend as well as backend API development experience. The Software Engineer will be a critical thinker who is open to learning and applying new solutions. The Software Engineer will be responsible for creating enterprise web applications and associated backend RESTful web services that work on a variety of interfaces. As the Software Engineer, you will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application and a full ownership of CI/CD with comprehensive test coverage. Therefore, the Software Engineer must understand front-end, API and Testing driven Development, Cloud (AWS or GCP or Azure) and DevOps related technologies/frameworks. The ideal candidate will be creative and able to work in a small, fast paced, collaborative environment. If you think the description below fits your skillset, we encourage you to apply!
· 5+ years of experience developing in major open-source languages, such as Java, React, Angular, Typescript, Nodejs.
· 5+ years knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it ex Express, StrongLoop, etc.
· 3+ years of experience with developing and architecting on AWS.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Development experience with Python and/or Scala.
· 2+ years leading and mentoring junior level developers.
· Design elegant technology solutions.
· Participate in design meetings.
· Collaborate with business partners, lead and mentor junior developers.
· Technical leadership to architect and deliver on technology products.
· Develops solutions that encompass frontend, API Layer, and backend databases.
· Lead a team of developers, mentor, and collaborate with other teams to enhance the user experience.
· Develop responsive products which render seamlessly across multiple devices.
· Ability to mentor and lead junior developers.
· Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
· Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
· Implementation of security and data protection.
What’s in it for you?
· A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with one of the most forward-thinking clients in the insurance industry.
· Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, and Weekly Paychecks!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.