Sr. Software Systems Engineer
Our client is seeking a Sr. Software Systems Engineer to support a government software office addressing Army Air and Missile Defense systems, with focus on Mission Command systems. You will provide engineering analysis and assessment to support future mission command software development. Tasks will include developing system level concepts, proposing a solution, providing acceptance criteria, and working with the solution management team to prioritize development. You must be highly organized with a strong technical background in system engineering principles and requirements decomposition.
You will work in the project office’s Mission Command Product office and will work with both contractors, government civilians and system operators. Lastly, you must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment to ensure the software is capable of meeting the needs of the intended users.
- US Citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to Huntsville, AL
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related field is required.
- 10+ years of system engineering experience
- Background in requirements decomposition, MBSE, Modular Open Systems Architectures and Use case development
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: tactical command and control systems, tactical weapons systems, tactical sensor systems, embedded software, real-time software, near real-time software, or distributed software.
Wish List Qualifications:
- System engineering experience in support of DoD programs, specifically in an Army Air and Missile Defense program
- Experience with systems engineering in an Agile methodology.
- SAFe© Agile experience a plus
- Security Requirements: Candidate must be able to acquire or possess (as well as maintain) a US Secret security clearance.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.