Senior Technical Lead
Brooksource is searching for a Senior Development/Testing Technical Lead for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for an expert software developer with test-driven development experience to join a new long-term initiative at the ground floor and develop testing strategies for the duration of the project.
This technical lead will join our client’s new effort to build a digital utility platform designed to enhance customer delivery by enabling a digitally-driven energy ecosystem. This smart grid positions our client to deliver power more efficiently, cost effectively, and reliably.
Daily You Will:
· Execute on component and product-level testing methodology
· Focus on product-level testing strategy and execution for the following types of tests (included but not limited to) unit testing, assembly testing, field validation, user acceptance testing)
· Partner with Technical Delivery lead/PO/PM on oversight of implementing testing strategy
· Ensure team follows test driven development, has continuous integration and deployment process, where every code change is tested
· Previous Lead Software or Data Engineer who has executed product level testing
- Current/prior technical experience with:
- Go (emerging)
- Some C++
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Test driven development
- The “it factor”: vision, connects dots, rallies people to find answers, voracious learner, etc.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Location: Charlotte, NC (currently remote with plans to return to the office 2-3 days per week later in the year)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.