Brooksource Software Development Team – Beacon Project
Role: Senior UI Engineer
Brooksource has been providing consultative services for one of our biggest Denver based clients this past year. The team will be growing its scope and presence within the organization, and as a result, we’re hiring additional team members to own feature development for one of their most critical internal applications, Beacon.
This group will have space and equipment allocated from our client but will function autonomously as a part of Brooksource’ s consulting team.
The Beacon project was an initiative launched to replace several different legacy applications currently being utilized by our client’s field technicians and call center agents in effort to streamline agent efficiency and increase technician customer experience levels. As our client works to build the Nation’s first Cloud-Native, Standalone 5G Network, the application needs to be expanded to support Wireless specific call center agents. Our team will be primarily focused on User Interface features and functionality, with a small component of our operations touching a Spring-based RESTful services layer.
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station)
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource. Our initial scope is set for 1 year. We will be reviewing progress with our Client quarterly, and fully expect that the engagement will be grown, and timeline extended.
Pay Rates: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: January (2020)
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
The Senior UI Engineer will have varied responsibilities in designing, developing enterprise application software. They will not only help to lead this Brooksource team technically but will also have varied responsibilities with our client’s management team (i.e. status meetings and demos), and play a role in the selection and the mentoring of the less tenured engineers on the team.
Must have the ability to prioritize well and communicate effectively, with a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Must have a strong understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) practices to be applied in building reliable and scalable products.
This individual will be working on designing/developing new business features and functionality within Beacon’s UI. They’ll play a part in shaping the architecture for the UI of this web-based product and will serve as a senior contributor on things related to React/Redux components and various other UI components within this group.
Technical responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Routinely participate in design discussions and meet with architecture teams
- Participate in story mapping sessions with business stakeholders
- Perform UI Design tasks for new features and feature enhancements
- Perform analysis on tech stack performance and efficiency
- Shape the architecture for the User Interface components our team has been tasked
- Work in fast paced, agile methodology
- Act as a technical mentor and coach to less experienced developers
A successful Senior UI Engineer will have all of the following:
- 5+ Years of UI Development experience required
- Must have high-level proficiency with Redux
- Additional emphasis on general Front-end work. Must consider themselves a front-end guru
- Experience developing large-scale web-based products
- UI design and architecture experience required
- Microservices architecture experience is preferred – or other service-oriented architecture patterns
- RESTful and SOAP based web services experience
- Knowledge of Java/Spring highly desired
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Container technologies, and AWS highly desired
Shift: Normal. Options for flexible working hours and location available.
Reporting to: Ian Robinson (Manager – Brooksource)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.