Senior UX/UI Designer
Large eCommerce Retail Client
Ada, Michigan (remote)
6-month Contract to Hire
*We cannot offer sponsorship at this time
What do we need:
We are looking for a UI/UX professional to join a team of designers accountable for making our Client’s digital experiences exceptional.
What’s special about this role:
In this role you will work as a Senior UX/UI Designer on the North America design team. The team designing our digital experiences is made up of both high-level agency resources and internal UI/UX professionals located in Michigan, California, Singapore, and around the globe. Together, they have created next-level experiences for our customers and Independent Business Owners (IBOs), these include ecommerce, digital products, and future state prototypes. Come join a team building the future of digital products and experiences.
· 3+ years of professional experience in UX/UI
· Full stack designer equally comfortable with UX and UI
· Experience leading design on a multidiscipline digital product team
· Versed in customer research to assess digital product viability against both the value it provides and the usability of the product
· Familiar with accessibility design
Skills to be successful in the role:
· You enjoy collaborative problem solving
· Deep understanding of customers and business owner needs and the ability to bring the voice of the customer/business owner to the table to inform product decisions
· Has empathy for customers/business owners and differing needs across markets
· Can draw connections between customer needs and design solutions
· Ability to collaborate and be flexible with your product team regarding design solutions, design requirements, and time frames
· You have a natural curiosity about human behavior and a data driven decision making mindset
· Comfortable creating prototypes for testing and illustration purposes
· You have recent experience governing a company’s UI/UX design to balance the need for standardization and efficiency with customization to address local experience needs.
· Equally comfortable developing and communicating a point of view on experience and visual design
· Familiar with universal design patterns for responsive web and mobile applications.
· International experience is a big plus
· Strong website and/or applications development and deployment experience (6 years or more)
· Functional understanding of coding and ability to converse with engineering teams
· Ability to interpret and drive business needs and user data into actionable experience changes
· Demonstrated capability to manage multiple project streams and teams
· Ability to create everything from high level user stories, user flows, and define information architecture to create wire frames, design layouts, design components
· Coaching, mentoring, inspiring, and elevating customer-first experience design
· Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
· Analyzing experience performance and determining design optimizations
· Leading high level workshops and design thinking strategy sessions
· Experience with Figma, Figjam, Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
· HCI or Graphic Design major or related field of study
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN GROUP:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.