Position: Service Desk Technicians
Duration: 1-2 Month Contract
Job Duties: Brooksource’s Healthcare client in Louisville KY is looking for Service Desk Technicians to join one of our top Healthcare clients to provide support to users throughout the organization. You will be dedicated to providing top notch customer service and technical support for users who are reaching out with a variety of issues that are going on throughout their day. This client is a leading healthcare provider in the Louisville community. They have a unique mission in the health care field – making a difference in the lives of people and communities. Their passion is helping people with complex care needs to live their best life.
Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Collects, monitors, and reports performance metrics to management
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner. Serves as first point of escalation.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users
- (Required Technical Experience):
- 4 years of related support experience, ideally in a healthcare organization
- Hardware and Application support experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- (Preferred Technical Experience):
- Common medical terminology
- (Education Required) – Bachelor’s degree in computer science field or equivalent experience.
- (Certification Required) – A+ or equivalent is a plus
- (Location) –Louisville, KY
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a deep understanding of the timeline and move you through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full visibility.
- Brooksource is an equal opportunity employee
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.