Site Reliability Engineer (Junior)
New York, New York (Remote Opportunity)
One of our Media & Entertainment clients is looking for a Junior Level SRE, with a strong desire to learn, to join their Systems Reliability team. You will be working alongside engineers and architects in designing, developing, operating, and scaling core Monitoring and Logging products, with a focus on improving the resiliency, reliability, scale, and efficiency of our infrastructure.
You will have the unique opportunity to help monetize a monitoring infrastructure to solve challenging problems related to a heterogeneous environment, real-time actionable alerts, and large-scale data management. You will collaborate to develop and enable SRE capabilities across other adjacent teams across the larger Technology organization, developing a community of practice to continue to iterate and elevate SRE.
- 1+ years of cloud platform experience. AWS preferred
- 1+ years of programming (Python, GO, Java, C++ or equivalent)
- Strong background and knowledge in Software Engineering or QA
- Solid principles in cloud resources such as networking, load balancing, DNS, and security
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Design resiliency processes for improving operational stability of the client's services
- Identify, document, and help improve performance and operational efficiency challenges
- Assist in rationalizing the client's infrastructure as code and automation tooling
- Create tooling with documentation to auto-scale our cloud and distributed systems
- Ensure and enforce best application and network security practices
- Participate in incident management on-call and drive root cause analysis with tactical and strategic improvement recommendations
- Help define Service Level Objectives to assess release readiness of all services
- Support, monitor and manage cloud infrastructure and environments (AWS EC2, DNS, load balancers, and databases)
- Containerization experience (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Desire to automate tedious tasks and eliminate inefficiencies
- A passion for system stability, performance, scalability, or customer success
- Experience with CI/CD tools and implementing best practices
- Previous participation in Incident Management teams
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.