Visual Designer – Sketch
6+ month Contract
Come help envision, define and design innovative online experiences that put our members' needs first and differentiate our products from others. We are looking for a Visual Designer to help create intuitive interfaces that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. We're looking for someone who is an expert in Sketch to help create component libraries that the team can use to help a front end portal redesign for customers. The Visual Designer role will partner with UX designers, product owners, and developers to identify and understand opportunities and their solutions.
- Collaborates with product partners and business stakeholders in the creation of creative briefs and/or product requirements documentation
- Creates the final creative visual designs based on wireframes and component specs
- Creates visual assets for prototypes and user testing
- Create libraries to use for different components using Sketch
- Uses analytics to inform design decisions
- Designs with mobile first in mind
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user and communicate informed design rational and value
- Adheres to multiple design systems across the enterprise
- Develops new and effective interactive design solutions on time and in scope
- Expert level experience with Sketch
- Utilization of Sketch’s version control tool, Abstract is a nice-to-have
- Experience with feature design and reactive component creation
- BS/BA degree in HCI, Human Factors, graphic design, or equivalent professional work experience.
Skills and Qualifications Preferred
- Mobile app experience
- Sketch, Axure, Invision, Adobe Suite, and other design tools (includes the ability to create prototypes)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.