Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Brooksource is searching for an SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join our Fortune 75 Telecommunications client in the Charlotte, NC area. This developer and engineer will work in a fast-paced, agile environment for one of the largest Telecommunications companies in the US.
You would be joining the QA silo of the organization’s Customer Operations Technology group and work closely with teams to automate data processes. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with 7-8 years of strong Java & Object-Oriented Programming experience to make a large impact within our client’s daily functions.
This position is structured as a 3-6-month Contract to Hire position, and requires work fully on site at our client’s campus headquarters in South Charlotte, NC.
· Hands on experience of core Java concepts and programming
· Hands on experience of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
· 8 Years of hands-on experience in following automation tools: Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, BDD/Gherkins along with framework development experience
· 8 Years of hands-on experience in Maven, GitHub, Jenkins
· 8 Years of hands-on experience in programming editors IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJSolid understanding of how to test interfaces and web services (REST & SOAP) for integrated systems
· 8 Years of Experience in testing with testing tools JMeter & Gatling, preferably with APis
· Proficient in various operating system environments such as Windows, Unix, Linux
· Experience in testing in the Docker, Kubernetes environments
· Solid understanding of DB and Strong SQL experience (must be able to create complex queries)
· Lead execution of testing efforts; including meeting committed delivery dates for released and soon to be released applications and components
· Able to lead and be hands-on for automation testing initiatives
· Able to work with other peers to align testing efforts (functional, automation, performance)
· Able to perform functional test as needed
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work in multiple assignments in parallel
· Attitude, positive thinking is most important
· Good communication skills
What’s In It For You?
· Joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team
· You will have the opportunity to work with product owners and agile teams across multiple IT areas, enabling them to deliver innovative products and experiences through a powerful IT backbone.
· Enroll in weekly paychecks and comprehensive health benefits.
· Regular touchpoints with your Brooksource liaison to receive regular performance feedback.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.