Software Development Lead
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Status: Regular Full-Time
Minimum Clearance: Secret
DoD 8570: IAT Level II or higher certification
Brooksource is seeking candidates for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Cybersecurity Network Operations (CyberNetOps) Design Deploy Sustain (CNODDS) contract. The team will provide lifecycle services that ID6 or successors use to architect, develop, integrate, deploy, secure, operationalize, sustain, document, patch, monitor, optimize and evolve CyberNetOps capabilities.
- Serve as the development team lead, managing a team of developers and system support staff. Assigning tasks and activities, delegating actions, and designating technical leaders are examples of tasks in this space.
- Fill a role as senior developer, leading and participating in the development activities for the custom applications supported by our contract.
- Analyze and influence functional, system, and/or user requirements.
- Assist and influence the identification and creation of solutions and designs to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences, and track and maintain open ticket lists.
- Plan and maintain release schedules for each application, keeping both the government and customers aware of release plans.
- Act as a technical resource throughout the design, development and maintenance lifecycle
- Keep management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Organize team efforts to provide regimented, structured, and repeatable code development and maintenance practices, working with other contract leadership to drive those efforts appropriately.
- Reporting (written) and personnel management (performance appraisals/evaluations/employee task (time) management).
- Participate in government meetings and achieve and maintain trusted advisor status with government leaders related to the systems in your AOR. Act as the focal point for customer relations for the team.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in process and regularly assess documentation and reports for accuracy and improvement.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience leading a development team.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in IT, to include large-scale enterprise systems.
- Have 5+ years of Java development experience
- Be familiar with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Be familiar and have experience running release management processes, primarily defining waterfall releases as well as helping facilitate agile-based iterative releases.
- Must have and be able to continue excellent interaction with clients.
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to learn new skills.
- Must have superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Secret clearance required (Secret Clearance with SSBI or TS preferred).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Requires one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH.
- Experience in languages other than Java is a plus.
- Experience in a DoD environment, DISA being a big bonus.
- Java Development Certification.
- Certified Scrum Master.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.