Hybrid in Columbus, OH
As the Software Engineer, you will be designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software for Brooksource’s public sector client in Columbus, OH. To be successful in this role, the Software Engineer takes initiative, owns issues from start to finish, and is a proactive communicator. Daily activities include typical software development and production support activities (designing, developing, testing, debugging, triage support) as needed. If you are interested, please keep reading and apply!
- Works with business areas to fully understand business requirement(s) to then thoroughly define and document the corresponding system requirements, design, and configuration documentation
- Utilizes established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to write and maintain code.
- Performs code review(s).
- Creates detailed test designs, test plans, and test scripts.
- Creates and reviews test data for performing test scenarios.
- Performing post-production application support
- Overall being a part of modernization efforts and process automation
- 4+ years of experience serving as a Software Engineer
- Professional experience developing within C#, ASP.NET, and Angular
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter who works well in a TEAM environment.
- Understand Agile development concepts
- Experience working with SQL is preferred, but not required
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent benefits and retirement plan options
- Great work-life balance
- Ability to grow into leadership
- Working with a passionate group of induvial focused on the betterment of Ohio citizens
- Having a direct impact on the community with the work you will be doing
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.