Title: Software Engineer
Duration: Contract to Hire
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station)
Rate: Negotiable DOE
Our fortune 200 client is building out a greenfield application which will entirely transform the way they engage with their end users. The Customer 360 team is looking to bring on a junior and mid-level software engineer to help develop data solutions across all their business segments. The goal of this group is to create an application which will provide a holistic “picture” of each customer using data aggregation and analysis. With this application, business groups will be able to better capture, engage, and retain customers across all business lines (Wireless, OTT, Cable, IoT, etc.).
· Required skills
o Bachelors or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical (STEM) field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
o 3+ years of software development experience developing microservices
o Experience building and supporting robust RESTful APIs
o Good understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, API design, test-driven development,
o Good problem-solving and analytical skills
· Nice-to-have skills
o AWS data analytics and web application services – Lambda, EC2, ECS, Glue, Kinesis, SQS, SNS
o Experience using containerization/orchestration tools
o API Gateway
o Streaming Data Frameworks
RESPONSIBILITIES/DAY TO DAY
· Design, implement, integrate, test, and maintain back-end solutions using Java/Spring framework or Python
· Leverage AWS services to implement, deploy, monitor, and maintain a scalable API platform
· Perform data analysis to build the right data processing solution to aggregate and load data for API performance
· Build and maintain continuous integration pipelines
· Collaborate with other data analytics and business teams to build enterprise solutions
· Collaborate with internal team members in the design and architecture of scalable, performant platforms
· Collaborate with internal team members to share responsibilities for the platform
This team is unique in that they drive their own roadmap. They are lean and operate as a startup within a greater enterprise environment. Currently, this group is comprised of a Product Owner, Software Engineers, and an Architect. Culture is important to this group and the ideal fit is a curious learner that is excited to pick up new technologies provide suggestions as to how the application should be built.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…?
· Greenfield application buildout touching all business lines
· Exposure to the latest and greatest data tools and cloud native technologies (AWS)
· Lean team with startup culture that values collaboration and thought leadership
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
· Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
· Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
· Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this job posting.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.