6 month contract-to-hire
Primary Responsibilities (What you will do here):
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to meet project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions.
- Contribute to the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Participate in design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
- Eliminate “churn” and “waste” via automation of menial tasks
- Collaborate with engineers across partner-teams to build cohesive and optimal solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Mentor more junior members of the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible.
What you are like:
- Have a great, positive attitude
- A natural leader – someone people are easily convinced to follow and emulate
- Never blocked. You find a way!
- Willing and eager to dive in and figure it out. No system is built from unicorn horn dust. It's just code.
- You take extreme ownership and pride in your work
- Care deeply about team culture and actively influence a positive culture
- Will automate something so you don't have to do it twice
- You build everything “as code”: Infrastructure, pipeline, testing, monitoring, etc.
- Never stop learning
- Deep understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile and dev-ops, as well as industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- Experience working with teams that leveraged three or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging/ stream architecture.
- Previous IT full-stack engineering experience
- 4+ years of current experience with C#, ReactJs, NodeJs and object oriented programming
- Development experience with .NetCore and linux
- 1 or more years of production experience with cloud technologies
- 2+ years writing unit or integration tests
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and SSIS
The more of these you have experience with, the better:
- Instrumenting apps with Prometheus/Grafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
- SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc)
- Healthcare domain background
- Development experience in Python, Docker, Cloud, Kubernetes, Message Queues
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.