Morris Plains, NJ
12-month Contract to Hire
$30-35/hr (depends on experience), $80-90k conversion salary
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for modernizing java-based applications in an agile environment alongside a team of full stack developers. As the Software Engineer you will complete both front-end and back-end development as needed on the team to configure prescription intake information utilizing Springboot, Java, Jenkins and J2EE. You will create, develop, test, and perform ongoing maintenance on 4 critical pharmacy applications that is vital to the success of the organization. The junior software engineer will also play a role in migrating this application to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Openshift from PCF. This is a great opportunity for growth in a Fortune 13 environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Technical Bootcamp Certification of Completion
· One year of experience using Spring boot
· Project or Internship experience with Java
· Project or Internship experience with Front End Technologies, specifically React.js
· Knowledge of the SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies
· Interest in learning Cloud technologies such as PCF and AWS
· Develop, test, and prepare all code for production
· Creating functional and technical system designs
· Work alongside an onshore and offshore development team
· Working with business end-users across the organizations
What’s In It For You?
· You will be mentored by Senior leaders on the team
· Opportunity to grow into a Full Stack Developer long term
· Opportunity to start your career in Technology in a Fortune 13 enterprise environment
· Opportunity to learn new technologies
· Weekly Paychecks
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.