Large Insurance Client
Reno, NV or Monterey, CA
6-month contract to hire
As the Associate Software Engineer, you will be working with our client's largest application development project to date. Our client, a large Insurance Company, is modernizing their Claims Center to better assist their customers & agents in the digitalization of their insurance experience. You will be working as a hands-on software engineer, working with new programming technologies & databases to support the old & new systems that the company is implementing for this project. On a daily basis, you will be working with the Application Development Manager and experienced & associate engineers in an Agile environment. Our client is seeking an individual who is a self-starter, amazing attitude, team player, has strong development & database skills, and contains a high aptitude to learn new skills.
Required Technical Skills:
· Guidewire Development Experience (Claim Center or Policy Center)
· VB.NET/ASP.NET (desired)
· Object Oriented Programming (Java & C#)
· SQL Server (desired)
Critical Skills and Knowledge required:
· Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, architectures and technical standards
· Knowledgeable in web and application servers such as Tomcat and/or IIS.
· Experience in working with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate.
· Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
· Strong communication skills
· Agile and waterfall development environment
· For senior roles: development leadership, coaching, mentoring and training experience
· Development Concepts, Design Patterns, and Relational Database Management System concepts
· Familiar with Systems Testing concepts and quality management
· Agile and waterfall processes, practices and deliverables
· Effectively manages time and completes tasks within budgeted estimates
· Foster teamwork and cooperation promote sharing of information and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course duty.
· Communicate clearly in written and verbal form.
· Carry out responsibilities with strong customer service orientation
· Adapt to changing requirements and technologies
Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.