We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our retail client’s eCommerce team. In this role, the candidate will be a critical member of the team responsible for building and maintaining one of the most visited e-commerce sites in the world.
This team supports the workflow logic and data transfer through modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance. The ideal candidate will have strong Java and object-oriented development experience, understanding of Groovy and familiarity with Spring Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, Computer Science preferred
- 2+ years of experience with Java/J2EE
- 1+ years of experience with Spring Framework (MVC, Springboot)
- Experience emerging Java Technologies (Groovy, Grails, Griffon, Junit, Spock), preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL
- Collaborate with team members and others to define and understand software requirements and design
- Develop unit and integration tests for all written software programs and components.
- Document and communicate design and application code specifications and details to other team members
- Develop application from scratch to support enterprise data platform
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.