Associate Software Engineer
St. Louis, MO
12+ month Contract (potential to hire)
Brooksource is hiring an Associate Software Developer to work our Fortune 50 Telecommunications Client in St. Louis, MO! This is a great chance for you to work closely with Senior Engineers in the design, development, and implementation of Big Data Projects.
This position is involved in the full software development lifecycle from requirement review, solution design, coding, unit testing, deployment, documentation, and operations support. You will be working with and under the supervision of senior development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process. This is a long-term contract with the potential to be hired on full time. If you have a foundation in Java and knowledge/an interest in Spark and Scala then apply today!
- 1+ years with core Java development experience with professional or freelance project experience with end-to-end application development
- Experience/knowledge in Big Data technologies specifically with Spark and Scala
- Experience with Unix based operating systems
- Experience with other structured programming language like SQL, Python, R or the strong desire to learn new technologies
- Must be passionate about development and eager to join a highly fast-paced group
- Candidate must be a team player, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, changing priorities, and have strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication, organization, and motivation.
- Experience with SQL technologies for data hosting and organization
- Understanding of enterprise application design, web applications, and Services Oriented Architectures
- Experience with any of the following platforms: Oracle, Cassandra/Mongo DB, Teradata, Cloudera, etc.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.