Software Test Automation Engineer
Brooksource is searching for a Software Test Automation Engineer that will be working on developing an automated test and qualification software platform that provides automated mechanisms to benchmark computer HW performance, prove integration stability, verify requirements, and assess HW utilization. Be part of a team that’s developing the compute platforms for future healthcare products.
The Compute platform teams manages the entire lifecycle of the computer platforms used in GE Imaging products. This includes working with suppliers on future technology, defining and qualifying available technology now, and ensuring a long stable and reliable lifecycle for fielded products. The team develops platformed HW/OS solutions, manages design change qualification, and enables system level testing to be moved upstream to the platform level.
· Design, develop, and maintain the testing framework and automated test cases related to delivering high quality compute platforms
· Analyze results from current test cases and create a reporting framework to provide test results and summaries
· Look for continuous improvements in the testing methodology.
· Modernization and porting of existing tools to new platforms and/or operating systems as required.
· Develop Profiling performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the subsystem
· Ensure designed automation frameworks are highly efficient, extensible, flexible, reliable and require little to no manual support
· Establish clear expectations of scope and timing of deliverables and proactively provide status
· Follow well established principles for building robust and high-quality software products that are efficient and easy to maintain.
· Collaborate with engineering teams to gather test and use scenarios, design interfaces for test scripting and participate in technical design reviews
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related.
· Solid knowledge of Linux and Windows OS knowledge
· Well versed in multiple scripting and programming languages, for example, BASH, Python, C++, Java
· Good knowledge of software and hardware testing methodologies and processes
· Hands-on experience with compute HW, HW/OS, and HW/Application integration
· Knowledge of computer hardware and external Interfaces such as USB and Networking
· Experience translating requirements, use-cases into test plans, test cases and automated tests.
· Good communication and teamwork skills
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Understanding of system design concepts and subsystem interactions and interfaces
· Experience with GITlab or other version control system
· 3 plus years of experience in developing and deploying automated tests for products from development through testing and verification activities.
· Previous experience with common testing frameworks, system utilization and profiling tools to measure HW/OS/Application interactions.
· Deep understanding of workstation and server-class hardware and OS integration
· Experience with multiple types of testing, i.e. regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, performance testing, security testing
· Strong troubleshooting skills with network, hardware, OS, virtual machines, and applications
· Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging tests and debugging complex design problems.
· Prior experience in medical device product development and testing
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.