Solutions Architect III
St. Louis, MO (remote eligible)
Brooksource is hiring a Solutions Architect for our Fortune 50 Client in the St. Louis area. Our client is looking for a Solutions Architect with excellent communication skills to deliver technical solutions for business problems by working with C Level Executives, mid-level managers, business stakeholders, and technical teams. You will champion architecture best practices across various teams and drive them towards the best solution. This will include end-to-end solutions views of new features, new platform integrations and changes to existing. You will be responsible for owning the architecture of multiple domains and initiatives, with help from other architects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Provide technical direction and solutions to architectural, development, and operational teams on assigned projects.
- Design and provide support for the organization's application systems, components and/or infrastructure for an assigned technology domain.
- Translates user requirements into design for new software or extensive software revisions.
- Creates high-level architectural specifications, while ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms.
- Provides expertise on cross-application implications.
- Approves business requirements, estimation, functional specifications, testing strategy and other activities to ensure architectural alignment.
- Lead creation of architectural framework for application systems and/or information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among application systems, information systems and infrastructure.
- Formulate criteria for and execute proofs-of-concept for new approaches and platforms.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes, additions or decommissions.
- Define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Address problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration.
- Lead collaborations with business and technical teams to review conflicts/gaps between functional goals and existing capabilities.
- Participate in enterprise project prioritization planning with executive management.
- Develop and document best practices for code development, API design, version control, test automation and build automation.
- Analyze and document architecture of existing systems and workflows
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
· 5+ years of software development specifically Java based Microservices
· 3+ years in a Solutions Architect role providing end-to-end solutions of new features, new platform integrations and changes to existing.
· Web services development experience using GraphQL, REST, JSON, XML
· Expertise in architecture documentation including System Diagrams, Data Flows, UML etc.
· Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
· Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies
· Ability to create high-level architectural specifications
· Ability to manage complex and diverse projects
· Ability to influence system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
· Ability to participate in design and architecture reviews to provide a technical perspective on implementation
· Advocates and follows architecture/ design best practices, looking at the big picture
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.