Kafka/Spring Application Developer
Brooksource is searching for a Kafka/Spring Developer for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with strong potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a Computer Science college graduate with a strong technical background and 1+ years of relevant professional experience to join and excel within a small team.
This individual will be part of a Scrum team developing a new Enterprise Scheduling Tool to allow better efficiencies and scheduling of work crews. The position includes backend development on both internal and external Cloud platforms utilizing Java, Java Spring and Kafka data streaming technologies.
Daily You Will:
· Develop innovative solutions, collaboration with cross-functional teams, clients, and more senior developers to define, design and deliver new functionality, enhancements, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users
· Research, evaluate, and implement new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
• Assist with testing and migrating code through test regions. Ensure adherence to appropriate design, coding, and source control standards
· Backend development experience using Java, Java Spring and Kafka data streaming technologies
· Knowledgeable in data structures and SQL and no-SQL databases such as Dynamo DB or Mongo DB
· Knowledgeable or experience with REST API, Kafka or RabbitMQ Data Streaming
· Understanding of Cloud Native and object-oriented Programming
· Passionate about learning new programing languages
· Coding skills in 1 or more standard languages
· Demonstrated success in problem solving
· Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals
· Effective communication skills
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Team Size: 8-person Agile Team
- Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC (Hybrid model – in-office 2-3 days/week)
- Hours: M-F 8-5PM
- Start Date: ASAP
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.