Sr. Automation QA Engineer
6 Month Contract to Hire
One of the nation's leading providers of title insurance is looking for a dedicated Sr. Automation QA Engineer to join their team. This individual will play a critical role in designing, modifying, developing, writing and implementing automated test scripts. They will participates in the testing process through test reviews and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. This individual will have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within test automation. The will work well under limited supervision, self-guided efforts and team collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
· Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
· Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with development teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
· Establishes best practices in automated testing to encourage well-documented and reproducible testing results
· Work with Application Developers to resolve application entrance criteria’s, defects and anomalies
· Interact with project managers and developers to drive projects to on-time, quality releases
· Bachelor’s degree plus 3-7 years’ experience with both structured and exploratory testing methodologies
· 3+ years’ experience in programming/maintenance of an automation framework and conversion of manual cases to automated testing approaches using Selenium Webdriver – preferably Java/C#
· Good understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies.
· Knowledge and ability to maintain an existing automation framework in JAVA and perform troubleshooting methodologies
· Leadership experience and the desire to drive a successful testing automation buildout.
· Proven success using open source testing tools and projects (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, etc).
· Experience with load and performance testing including design, development, implementation and reporting.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Experience with coding advanced T-SQL for testing purposes
· Good understanding of agile and SCRUM development principles
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Should have good analytical and problem-solving capability using the modern testing methodologies, SDLC, etc.
· Must have the capacity to understand the QA processes and work in the software environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Interested in teaching from experience and learning from others
· Positive attitude and results-centered problem solving approach
· Oracle RDBMS knowledge preferred, SQL Server experience will also be considered depending on experience
· Experience in Continuous Integration environments ideally using Jenkins.
· Experience with load and performance testing using Load Runner/JMeter/VSTS is preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Working Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced development environment
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.