Sr. BI Developer
Mountain Brook/Homewood, Alabama
Our insurance client is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join their Enterprise Data Services team to assist with Distribution data reporting to better understand the insurance product lines sold. You will work alongside a team of other developers, a Product Owner and Scrum Master to ensure data quality, perform integration work, validate data and manage data; and you will act as a team player with the rest of this Agile organization. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a highly visible project in a team that’s going to be growing over the next several years.
The right person will have a expert-level SQL experience, exposure to Power BI, as well as exposure to the Microsoft BI Stack: SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS. The ideal candidate will have done data integration project work, but this is not a hard requirement.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years as a Business Intelligence Developer (ETL, SSIS/SSRS, SQL)
· Experience in an Agile environment
· Experience developing in a project where data integration or data conversion is happening
· Ability to work comfortably with others and comprehend complex processes
· Team player attitude and high levels of emotional intelligence
· Highly visible project across the organization, outside of just technology
· Opportunity for hire-on after 12-month contract
· Constant challenge and change with a ton of team/organizational support
· Continued learning and technology training opportunities
· Accessible, approachable leadership within the EDS org
· On-site café, coffee shop, 9-4 required work hours, option for work-from-home, free parking
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.