Sr. Business Analyst/ Product Owner
Contract to Hire
$90,000- $95,000 (DOE)
We're hiring a Business Analyst to support the feature prioritization and Epic Breakdown for a highly visible Product line. The Business Analyst will work with stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and Epics/ Project Breakdown for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. As the Business Analyst, you will also conduct detailed research of vendor products and assist with general project management to deliver on-time. The Business Analyst must have strong experience with process mapping and current-state documentation. Candidates with previous experience working in Product teams or Agile settings are highly desired! You will essentially be serving as a hybrid BA/ Product Owner Proxy.
· Bachelor's degree in IT or Business
· 5+ years of IT and/or Business experience
· 5+ years of Business Analyst experience: process mapping, Epic creation, and Project Scope Management
· 2 years prioritizing feature enhancements and backlog grooming
· Knowledge of project management tools like Rally, Jira, Visio or MS Project are highly desired
· Previous Agile or Product Management experience highly desired
· Ensure work is scrubbed and prioritized before being handed to Development teams
· Enable Development and Business Teams to execute project tasks with minimal friction
· Create Epic and Feature descriptions
· Prioritize and work through program backlog
· Partner with our business product owners in order to refine and prepare a high level understanding of our overall roadmap and effort, feature requirements and size.
· Work with the PO to identify key stakeholders and subject matter experts who will be needed to further breakdown and refine stories
· Act as a PO proxy when one is not available related to discussions that had taken place at the high level understanding
· Create and improve workflow diagrams and process maps
· Assist in sharing business feature information to the delivery team through presentation and documentation
· Aid in the EPIC / Project breakdown and hand off to team for further Story level refinement
· Work with the Scrum Master to manage scope of PI Event commitments and needs for scope changes.
· Understand business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
· Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams
· Work with IT staff members to build acceptance criteria and use cases against all requirements
· Analyze application defects and changing requirements to determine if they fall within scope of features/stories.
· Top 100 Employer in Northeast Ohio
· See a high-level project through from initiation to go-live
· Help mature a fairly new PMO in a Fortune 250 Company
· If you have an interest in Product/ Product Management- this could be your way in!
About Eight Eleven:
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.