Senior Content Strategist
Location: Seattle OR Chicago
Our enterprise client in the Travel industry is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to help drive direction for net-new programs and verticals within the entire organization.
Our Senior Content Strategists cover large domain areas, collaborating on UX solutions with product owners, designers, researchers, and engineers. You’ll work out in front to bring clarity, consistency, meaning, and usability to our ecosystem of Partner (B2B) Web and app products.
You'll serve as an ambassador for our field, and an advocate and role model who embodies sound practices in content strategy and content design.
· You demonstrate sophisticated and versatile UX writing skills.
· You collaborate across teams to improve the accessibility, inclusion, readability, and scalability of product content.
· You craft content solutions using human-centered practices and sophisticated information architecture methods.
· You craft solutions that match user needs and problems and help others on the team stay focused.
· You exhibit storytelling and persuasive techniques that build trust and establish long-term relationships with teams and partners.
· You exemplify standard methodologies in eliciting and making use of feedback.
· You guide others on frameworks and standard methodologies for clear, concise, and organized communication.
· You partner across product and research teams to drive content tests that measurably improve the customer experience. You also identify, log, prioritize, and resolve content bugs across the portfolio.
· Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience in Design, English, Communications, Journalism, Information Systems.
· Proven contributions in core content strategies as UX Writing, Systems Thinking, Customer centricity, Content Audits and Analysis, Content Mapping and Modeling, Content Planning and Sourcing, Conversational Design, Information Architecture, Facilitation, and Storytelling.
· Able to audit, analyze, structure, build, and present content using established frameworks, and to encourage others to do the same.
· Proven experience working on content problems across systems and product areas.
· B2B or travel experience a plus but not essential.
· Sophisticated skills in storytelling, workshop facilitation and presentation.
· Understanding of modern processes and practices in user experience design, research, and content strategy.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.