Sr. Data Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI
This role will be working directly with the data lake team to build out the data platform infrastructure as well as the data pipelines to move data from the source into the data platform (GCP). This developer will be expected to make improvements to the already existing CDC, File, and API based pipelines. They will also be expected to help build out the governance strategy on the data platform.
- Strong experience with Python Scripting
- 3+ years’ experience working with Oracle Database and SQL Server.
- Must be able to extract large amount of data and move large amounts of data
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL Scripting and ability to write both simple and complex SQL Queries
- Experience working in a cloud environment, including AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment is a bonus
- Experience working in an enterprise environment and supporting enterprise data.
- Previous experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with Data Visualization tools, such as MicroStrategy
- Familiarity with Terraform.
- This role will be working directly with the data lake team to build out the data platform infrastructure as well as the data pipelines to move data from the source into the data platform (GCP).
- Extract data from legacy systems supported on Oracle Database/SQL Server into Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Interface with various technical teams including core data application team and database/ data services teams.
- Help build out the governance strategy on the data platform.
- Must have a willingness to learn and the ability to pick up new concepts quickly. They must be able to build tools incrementally instead of in a “big bang” manner. Developers must be an advocate for the business value behind the technical work. Can take direction from the lead while working independently towards a result
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.