Senior Data Scientist
$78-83/hr. Dependent on Experience
As the Senior Data Scientist for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client, you will play an integral role in leading the buildout of an automated anomaly detection system. Sitting at the intersection of Data Science and Data Quality, you will explore data sets, develop new databases and use predictive modeling to automate the detection of anomalies. You will support a brand-new, unique business initiative that will give you the opportunity to impact the broader organization on a high level. We are seeking an individual who is inherently passionate about data (modeling, forecasting, optimization) and driving efficiencies on a large scale. The most successful individual in this role will integrate their technical knowledge of Data Science and Data Anomaly detection with their ability to communicate effectively to various business leaders.
- 6 + years’ experience within data science
- Hands-on experience developing or supporting the build-out and implementation of anomaly detection models
- Strong experience with time-series analysis and predictive modeling
- Overall experience in building machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation and implementation
- Expertise in R and Python; ability to leverage technologies and languages to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of data
- Ability to communicate results and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences including executive leadership
- Ability to support and monitor models post-implementation
- Advanced-level skills with databases, including SQL and utilizing data stored in complex schemas
- Broad experience and solid theoretical foundation on the modeling process using a variety of algorithms
- Data profiling, distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, data pre-processing, exploratory data analysis using a variety of techniques
- Regression and classification using techniques such as linear models, GLMs, and tree-based methods
- Interpretation of model results, consideration of causality, treatment of multicollinearity
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (supervised and unsupervised methods such as neural networks, random forests, and generalized linear models)
- Lead the life-cycle of an anomaly detection model from end-to-end, leveraging significant experience in leading this type of work in previous roles
- Work directly with a Solutions Architect to optimize Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Enhance scalability and the addition of new features during the refining process
- Integrate and deploy as a continuous running model
- Provide post-implementation support and guidance
- Make impactful technical decisions for the organization; increase speed to delivery by architecting and implementing automated solutions across the data and analytics lifecycle
- Leverage multiple data sources to produce intelligent data products that solve the needs of business and engineering for business intelligence, operational analytics, descriptive models, predictive models, diagnostic models, and prescriptive models
- Provide technical oversight and expertise for activities including experimental design, machine learning, ad-hoc analytics, and statistics
- Increase speed to delivery by architecting and implementing automated solutions across the data and analytics lifecycle
- Research and develop machine learning models and algorithms for data analysis and discovery.
- Perform problem formulation, requirements analysis, and planning
- Responsible for interpretation of results – for both causal inferences and predictive sensitivity and specificity
- Help teach and explain techniques and tools used to a broad set of business-intelligence, data, and analytics professionals with varied backgrounds
- Deliver results using metrics-driven analysis, and communicating the costs and tradeoffs of ideas to stakeholders and top management
What’s In It For You?
- Ability to make impactful decisions for the company and implement solutions with a high level of autonomy
- Exposure to high-level executives within a Fortune 100 company at the headquarters location
- Easy commute in from train station; 5-minute walk
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.