Sr. Database Administrator
Contract to Hire
A professional Database Administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7 under high loads. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structures in GPC and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Manage and scale data pipelines from internal and external data sources to support new product launches and drive data quality across data products.
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that captures metrics and operational KPIs for data pipeline quality and performance.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views.
- Responsible for implementing best practices around systems integration, security, performance, and data management.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required
- Evolve the architectural capabilities and maturity of the data platform by engaging with enterprise architects and strategic internal and external partners.
- Define and manage SLAs for data products and processes running in production.
- Support large-scale experimentation done by data scientists.
- Prototype new approaches and build solutions at scale.
- Research in state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Create documentation for learnings and knowledge transfer.
- Have Expertise in the following GCP Products and Services: Google Compute Engine (GCE), Google Kubernetes (GKE), App Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Big query, and Cloud Functions.
- Have adequate knowledge Cloud Storage, VPCs, Load Balancers, Cloud Armor, Cloud DNS, Cloud Routers, Cloud VPN, Hybrid connectivity, Stack Driver, Cloud IAM, Cloud Identity, Cloud Build, Cloud Source repositories, Organization governance policies.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL applications on Big Data Platform.
Desired Previous Experience/Education:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another technical field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience with Data Analytics tools and Data Warehousing
- 2-4 years of experience in SQL optimization and performance tuning, and development experience in programming languages like Python, Spark, Scala etc.).
- Cloud data engineering experience in Azure a plus
- Experience with integration of multi cloud services with on-premises technologies preferred
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets preferred
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Positive and flexible attitude to enable adjusting to different needs in an ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivation to learn and grow technical skills
- Experience building cost effective and performance driven solutions using elastic architectures and Databricks Platforms.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.