6 Month Contract to Hire
Under general supervision, the SR. DBA will install, maintain, and support complex database and program product software. You will perform high-level system software and hardware functions competently and efficiently. You must be capable of analytic functions, such as evaluation, impact assessment, tuning, and customization. Being skilled in the development of project plans and able to provide mentoring to junior administrators is important. As a SR. DBA you will be responsible for managing and maintaining large systems in at least one technical domain. You must have knowledge of stored procedure development, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), backup and recovery and AlwaysOn High Availability environments. Software development skills, Windows clustering experience and familiarity with a health care environment especially in EPIC would be desired for this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed regarding databases
- Incident management and communication to the user community
- Posting of alerts, system status changes, and other web-based communications.
- Communications between Technology Services, Service Center, Applications group and Client Services groups
- Monitor database logs and performance issues
- Troubleshoot and identify problems with database / application performance
- Maintain server and database uptime through use of various monitoring, reporting, and alerting solutions.
- Proactively works with clients and other technical support staff to resolve production issues.
- Develop scripts for consistent and secure execution of common tasks
- Proactively raises issues if specifications, architecture, or implementation strategies will lead to quality or system performance issues or problems.
- Participates in technical design reviews, functional specification reviews, and contributes to ongoing project estimates, scheduling, test plans, and code reviews
- Demonstrates self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources consistent with the overall goals of the project.
- Proactively mentors and recommends training for team members as well as members of other departments.
- 7+ years’ experience managing MS SQL Server.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- MS SQL Server Certification preferred.
- Data Warehousing experience preferred.
- SQL Server support of Multi-site failover clustering preferred.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL or other database servers a plus
What’s in it for you?
- A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a growing Health Care company to provide an accelerated impact to team’s initiatives, exposure to cutting edge technologies & methodologies, ongoing professional development, health/dental/vision benefits, 401K plan, and PTO.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.