Java & ETL (DataStage) Developer
Virtual w/potential to return to office in Charlotte, NC or Iselin, NJ in 2021
6-month Contract w/potential for extension
Brooksource is seeking an Application Developer to join our Fortune 100 Financial Services client. As a developer, you will be joining the Global Enterprise Technology Solutions group supporting the AML & Fraud Technology space.
This is the ideal opportunity for a developer to play an integral role within a highly visible team. This individual should be an avid problem-solver who is passionate about development and is looking for an opportunity wear a lot of hats within a critical environment
The ideal candidate will have to manage multiple projects/deliverables at the same time. Interface with Business and other IT teams. Hands-on experience in Data Analysis, Datastage ETL tool, Java/Kafka is required.
• Work closely with project Business Analyst to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements
• Analyze and interpret all complex data on all target systems and analyze and provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with data analyst to validate all requirements, perform interviews with all users and developers. Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems
• Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL and Java related activities.
• Review of ETL design documents and understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation and optimization – Password Changes etc
• Provide technical knowledge of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) solutions for Business Intelligence projects
• Support development teams with design and troubleshooting issues
• Perform root cause analysis on all processes and resolve all production issues and validate all data and perform routine tests on databases and provide support to all ETL applications.
• Be able to proactively monitor the overall system from the data load perspective and take appropriate actions to improve the overall implementation.
• Provide observations of the overall system and suggest automated steps to full-fill the business operations and the requirements. Help with the analysis of issues raised during QA/UAT/PROD phases.
• ETL design and development using Datastage.
• Java, Kafka design and development experience
• Data Analysis and production issue resolution
• Coordination with offshore teams
• Understanding Source to Target Mapping, Data Catalog
• Strong DWH concepts
• Good SQL knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- • Good Understanding of Fraud or AML monitoring processes
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.