Job Title: Sr Ruby on Rails Developer
Type: Long Term Contract
Job Description: Brooksource is seeking an experienced Sr Ruby on Rails Developer. Our client is in need of an experienced full stack developer who will use their passion to guide a development team to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. This is an opportunity to help our customer overcome their most difficult challenges using the latest architectural approaches. In this role you must have experience in analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives. The developer must be able to create software in a variety of programming and for a variety of IT software applications. Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Design, code development, unit test, and systems integration for modified code.
- Support system testing to determine deficiencies.
- Participate in code and peer reviews.
- Support development, testing and reviews of software programs.
- Work with various business units to align long term strategy with current development status
- 8 years of experience in the development field
- Bachelor’s Degree
- US citizen eligible for a Public Trust
- This position has a strong preference for candidates with an Active Public Trust. Candidates without one will still be considered.
- Full stack development experience
- Experience reviewing and integrating technical and application architecture requirements.
- Spring framework concepts, Spring boot
- REST, SOAP web services
- Authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth)
- Multi-threading (concurrency)
- JMS, Schedulers, workflow engines
- Git, maven, CI/CD
- Hibernate, Oracle and Postgres databases
- JMeter, unit, functional testing.
- Agile development experience
- Docker, orchestration using Kubernetes
- AWS Cloud, Apache Kafka
- Logging aggregators like (EFK or ELK)
- Splunk, SonarQube
- Experience with driving data transformation across systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship and unable to work C2C with third-party vendors.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.