The Senior Devops Developer is a key member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Entertainment team. This team builds and maintains the web properties and associated services for Warner Bros. Discovery’s portfolio of entertainment brands including: [adult swim], Cartoon Network, Cinemax, HBO, TCM, TBS, TNT, TruTV and Warner Brothers.
The Senior Devops Developer works as a vital member of a Scrum team, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, functional programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders. A Senior Devops Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also displays strong understanding around software design principles. A Senior Devops Developer on the team displays the drive for learning and understanding programming paradigms beyond one programming language, toolset, or framework.
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information.
- Capable of working in a collaborative team environment, including providing technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring developers.
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts.
- Release management of enterprise-class system cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as code, code and artifacts, build/deployment management, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required.
- Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
- Deep experience with and knowledge of cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Deep experience with infrastructure as code implementation tools such as HashiCorp Terraform, Amazon CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD toolsets such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Amazon CI/CD toolset, etc.
- Deep experience with containerized environments using Docker.
- Experience and knowledge of container orchestration toolsets.
- Deep experience working in a Linux command line environment.
- Experience with scripting (via Bash, Python, Ruby, or otherwise)
- Experience with NodeJS or other backend languages strongly preferred.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of software development experience, with a strong focus on infrastructure and application deployment.
- A minimum of three years devops experience building modern infrastructure on medium to large-scale, “mission critical” “high availability” production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
- Experience in devops technologies such as Docker, AWS, CI/CD toolsets, etc.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools, especially with Infrastructure as Code and managing clean, re-usable templates and implementations.
- Experience with web servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.), CDNs (Akamai, Fastly, CloudFront, etc.),
- Experience with serverless environments is a plus.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.