Sr. DevOps Engineer
Remote opportunity – company located in Columbus, OH
As the Sr. DevOps Engineer for Brooksource’s private aviation client in Columbus, OH, you will be responsible for the automation of application deployments and platform application upgrades. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will automate manual processes and identify pain points. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be writing automation test scripts and drive the adoption and implementation of DevOps and automation for infrastructure services and application deployments. You will be working with Jenkins, Python, AWS, and Chef. If you have 5+ years of relevant experience and you are interested, please keep reading and apply below!
· Partnering with development teams to design and deliver infrastructure and platform solutions that meet operational targets for high availability, DR, logging, and monitoring
· Installing, patching, upgrading, supporting, managing capacity, and administration of platform services (e.g. WebSphere, Tomcat)
· Driving the adoption and implementation of DevOps and automation for infrastructure services and application deployments
· Implement proactive monitoring and event management for applications and platform services.
· Mentoring DevOps Engineers / team members.
· 5+ years of experience relevant DevOps Engineer experience writing automation scripts with the following technologies:
o Chef is not required, but highly preferred
· Experience with CICD pipelines (continuous integration/continuous delivery)
· Experience identifying pain points and manual processes and coming up with a plan to automation and implement these automation processes
· Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree or professional experience
· Ability to dive right into new tasks and strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.