Sr. DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years in Java, Python, or another object-oriented programming language
- 3+ years working with Unix and Linux system internals, as well as system services such as DNS, DHCP, IP tables, TCP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 3+ years with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Bamboo, etc.
- 2+ years with Docker and Kubernetes in high-scalability and high-availability containerized environments
- 2+ years with metrics, alerting, observability platforms in large-scale enterprise systems and 24×7 availability
- Knowledge of supporting large-scale environments and improving quality through configuration, automation, and process, as well as commonly used tools
- Knowledge of modern DevOps and CI/CD processes and optimization
- Ability to proactively improve platform resiliency and observability through tools and automation
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into simple, elegant technical solutions
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Quality-first approach for DevOps implementation and team processes
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Highly collaborative approach to technical delivery
- Desire to work outside comfort zone
- Actively contribute to DevOps support and delivery in a cross-functional team of software engineers, quality engineers, and systems analysts in support of a large-scale software platform
- Perform root cause analysis on complex problems involving multiple internal and external systems
- Collaborate with engineering and product delivery to strive to eliminate system downtime and improve platform management
- Collaborate and influence observability, associated metrics, and alerting strategies to help identify issues prior to customer impact
- Promote a mindset and culture within the team that embraces identifying, owning, and solving issues, driving quality, improving performance, and improving the customer experience
- Communicate effectively with peers and subordinates to drive efficient team delivery
- Mentor software engineers and lead DevOps quality and best practices
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.