Senior DevOps Engineer
One of our largest healthcare clients is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their Clinical Gateway team which focuses on streamlining patient data and access. We are looking for an individual with excellent analytical skills and proven ability to work with delivery teams to think out of box, build relationships, and mentor staff at all career and skill levels.
- 5+ years of designing and implementing Java based applications
- 2+ years cloud experience with Azure or AWS
- 2+ years experience with DevOps Automation tools (Oozie, Spark, Git, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Experience building data intensive systems in a public, hybrid or private cloud environment via relational database delivery
- Experience working with DevOps teams in an Agile Delivery/onshore-offshore model
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe “data/capability stories” (and not defects) and explain value (and not resolution) to customers.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in HealthCare industry standards like HL7, FHIR or SMART
- Experience with these or similar technologies: Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark, OpenShift, Mesos, Docker, Jenkins, MSSQL, Kafka, Talend, Tableau, R, Scala, Pig, Java
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap.
- Work with architects and other software engineers to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and deliver creative, high quality solutions.
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including Java, Azure or AWS, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs.
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team.
- Build and main configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools.
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation.
- Experience in Data As a Service and Container As a Service models.
- Experience in incident ticket tracking tools and processes like ServiceNow.
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure.
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to Production Deployment.
- Participate in and provide input for system analysis, design walkthroughs, code reviews, defect review and triage.
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For 20 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.