Sr. EDI Developer
Grand Rapids, MI (Remote, travel NOT expected)
Full-time, 6-month contract (with strong possibility of extension)
*We are not offering sponsorships at this time*
As the Sr. EDI Developer, you will be joining one of the region's largest health insurance companies with over 1,600 employees. The right person for this position will help drive the automated transfer of data between the care provider and the payer through healthcare claims, enrollment data, & healthcare eligibility.
- Designs, codes or configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents and maintains large and/or complex programs, using a variety of software development toolkits, programming languages, testing/verification applications and other tools, while adhering to specific development best practices and quality standards.
- Gathers business requirements, translating that information into detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written or configured, and validating that the proposed applications align with the architectural design and with the business needs.
- Drives process leadership for work groups, and product/service delivery strategy and work plans. May be responsible for successful completion of projects or phases of projects. Other responsibilities may include deep troubleshooting and issue analysis, as well as coding, testing and implementing software enhancements and/or applying patches.
- The individual in this position is skilled, effective and self-sufficient in working within a diverse technology portfolio, and regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced Application Development Analysts.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience developing for Health Insurance industry (preferred) using C++ or C# and PL/SQL.
- Informatica and knowledge of EDI X12 transaction formats.
Required technology experience, in order of importance:
- EDI X12 in health insurance
- Object-oriented programming (C# or C++)
Contract Start Date: 10/26/2020
Contract End Date: 04/23/2021
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.