Senior Hadoop Developer
Large Insurance Client
Lansing, MI (Remote)
• Participate in data architecture definition, design, and implementation.
• Work closely with Business and IT System Subject Matter Experts to understand and document
requirements, design, and prototype solutions that load data into EDW and reporting data
• Work with Data Architects to understand the conceptual / logical / physical models, best practices, design patterns etc. applicable to the solution being developed.
• Collaborate in developing best practices/templates/patterns.
• Mentor other team members.
• Use Wherescape Red (ETL automation tool), SSIS, SQL, and other ETL tools to perform majority
of the development tasks.
• Troubleshoot and debug Hadoop ecosystem run time issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology,
Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 4+ years’ of IT experience.
• 3+ years’ hands-on development in big data technologies such as Sqoop, Kafka, Spark and
• 2+ years’ hands-on experience with either Hortonworks or Cloudera Data Platform.
• Experience in Data Warehouse and BI Analytics.
• Solid understanding of ETL, ELT, and data warehousing techniques.
• Hands-on experience with Java, Scala and Python.
• Experience working with REST API.
• Experience with Bitbucket or Git for code management.
• Experience with performance tuning of big data jobs running in Spark and Hive.
• Experience working in Agile Environment.
• Experience with NIFI to ingest data.
• Solid understanding of Hadoop architecture.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of the insurance domain a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.