Tell us about your department:
In Consumer mobile app teams, we work on various customer-facing experiences that enable & improve customer purchase experience. We build these amazing new experiences with a mixture of native & react-native platforms and technologies
Tell us about your team:
The Core Squad focuses on infrastructure and ensuring that the iOS & Android app is working well. The Core team is focused on building the platform that the other front-end Mobile developers at Best buy build and enhance with features on top of. You will be working on the internals of the systems rather than adding front-end mobile functionalities, more focused on the back-end – software platform level work. The Core team is responsible for framework updates, defining engineering procedures that other squads will follow.
Work as a part of a world-class mobile engineering team that delivers amazing results through rapid iterations. Build meaningful experiences for customers in React Native and Native iOS/Android. Directly contribute to feature design, architecture, implementation, employee growth and happiness. Interact directly with peer developers, Product Management, Design, QA and remote server-side engineering groups as part of a cohesive team. Inspire others with your passion for mobile development and the services that power these experiences. Work with cutting edge technologies like in-store beacons, image recognition, advanced geo-location, and IoT
How much time will the resource spend pair programming?
8+ hours per week
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
•Experienced native iOS developer using Swift
Exposure to React native
• Overall software engineering experience – 6+
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
– Would like you to have developed/published at least one relevant mobile
offering on iOS or Android, preferably both
– Hands-on experience with React/React Native and how it integrates with
native Android or iOS platform
– You feel at home in a test-driven, agile team
– Proficiency with Object Oriented Design principles and patterns
– Experience with commonly used libraries (Retrofit, Butterknife, Espresso,
Alamofire, Axios, etc) is a bonus
– Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira
– Proficiency with UNIX/Linux/macOS command line
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; you must be comfortable in
small and large groups and interacting with senior executives
– Flexible problem-solving ability
– Strong product focus: we expect everyone to do what is needed to deliver the
best product for our customers
– Someone who likes to create new things, both inside and outside the work
– Building native modules for react native experiences (Nice to have)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.