Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
6-Month Contract to Hire
As the MicroStrategy Developer for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client, you will play an integral role in coding, testing, debugging, designing or implementing new developed tools. You will utilize your deep understanding of MicroStrategy development to create complex documents, drill-down reports, drive Schema development and manage the MicroStrategy subscription. You will work closely with other team members as well as different teams to understand business requirements and drive the development and design process forward. This is a fast-paced, highly visible role on a growing team that is looking for a collaborative technical leader to help drive new efforts!
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of MicroStrategy development (5+ years) with the ability to create complex documents, reports, drill-down reports, complex calculated and aggregated objects, semantic layer, etc.
- Experience with MicroStrategy Schema development
- Experience in MicroStrategy subscription and intelligent cube
- Experience in complex SQL on MPP platform (e.g. Teradata, Netezza, etc.)
- Experience with pulling data from MPP platform (e.g. Teradata, Snowflake, etc.)
- Good understanding of data warehousing architecture and concept (e.g. 3NF, Dimensional model, Snowflake, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and workstreams
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to work with other business units and understand customer requests
- Work collaboratively with the team during sprints to ensure technical obstacles are removed and deliverables are achieved
- Pull data in SQL from MPP platforms (i.e. Teradata, Netezza, Snowflake, RedShift, etc.)
- Write complex SQL queries, reverse engineer previously written SQL code, write stored procedures and develop triggers
- Understand and manage the MicroStrategy subscription
- Building online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Working with databases, both relational and multidimensional
- Propose optimizations to current MicroStrategy reports to improve maintainability and test-ability
- Build new, and update existing, unit tests
- Actively participate in an experienced development team using Agile development practices
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.