This Production Support Engineer position requires a highly motivated individual with ability to work in a high pressure dynamic environment. Strong soft-skills, flexibility, ability to learn and adapt to changes are required. This role will interact with both technology and business individuals and therefore a sound understanding of business processes and benefit applications are a key.
· Ensure all of our Commercial product systems are stable, available, compliant and performing within SLA’s.
· Ability to keep tasks on schedule, make tight deadlines, work timely, proactively, and independently. The expectation is that this person will keep day to day operations and systems operating smoothly and provide the highest level of service to our customers.
· Manage, lead and be the voice of the lights on team on calls with stakeholders and production support communications.
· Escalation responsibility when items are not addressed appropriately (this is a critical day to day task) which requires the ability to identify the scope of the impact, have the analytical and communication skills to identify root cause, Impact, solution, drive to resolution and prioritize accordingly.
· Ensure the team provides timely and accurate user notifications and appropriate status reporting.
· Identify and ensure all environments and use of environments are compliant to Anthem standards, audit requirements and best practices.
· Gatekeeper to application access as required by following the standards and procedures
· Be able to lead a meetings productively and effectively to produce results with minimal follow up to maximize resource productivity.
· Maintain a real time awareness of all key issues and priority work tracks and communicate status proactively with the appropriate frequency to the proper audience.
· Full accountability for root cause analysis follow up and issue prevention.
· Resource management of Lights on team to ensure efficient use of staff and adherence to the budget.
· Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions. Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
· Able to analyse on AWR, Heap/Core dumps, Wily metrics as well as Splunk.
· Develops and performs unit testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results
· Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
· 4-6 years of experience
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and internal and/or external customers.
· Provide resolutions to application issues, from experience and being innovative based on each problem scenario
· Hands on technical experience in must have technical requirements.
· Strong working knowledge of Developing, Designing and implementing large scale integrated applications.
· Possess strong analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Agile processes
· Experience managing mid-size to large technical teams, providing them guidance in their day to day work
· Provide resolutions to technical issues faced by team members in development
· Should own application end to end and should be reachable for any clarifications in the application
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILL SET
· Solid understanding of fundamental design and architecture patterns such as: n-tier, Publish/Subscribe, REST, MVC, Microservices, Data Access (OR/M, DAO’s…etc.), Integration tools, Knowledge of SOAP, REST and XML technologies (XML, XPath, XSL, XML Schema, RNG, DTD, XQuery, DOM, etc.)
· Good hands on experience with MVC, JDBC, RESTful, SOAP and Micro Services.
· Experience with popular application frameworks, such as Spring, JSF, Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Prime faces… Etc and UI frameworks such as React, Angular, Jquery etc.
· Experience in Database (SQL) database design, Query Development and performance tuning as applicable w.r.t Oracle/DB2
· Experience / knowledge of healthcare systems and comprehensive understanding of large healthcare payer overall structure, processes, functions including Claims, Membership and Provider processing is an asset
· Experience using tools like Jira, Confluence, MS SharePoint etc. is an asset
· Technologies: Java, J2EE, Rest API, Json, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Splunk, Wily Intrascope
· App Server –WebSphere Liberty
· DevOps – GIT, BitBucket, Bamboo, Udeploy/XLDeploy
Nice to have: Hadoop, Kafka, hBa
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.