Sr. Program Manager
Crystal City, VA
12 Month Contract-to-Hire
Our leading Research & Development partner is currently seeking a Sr. Program Manager to build a enterprise program within their Aviation Security Division. Specifically, you’ll support TSA Operational and Acceptance Test Support Services program. This program covers the final two phases of the security screening technology lifecycle combining operational testing requirements that includes initial operational test and evaluation up through follow-on operational test and evaluation requirements. You will serve as the primary interface on this program and will use your communication skills, an ability to multi-task, and enterprise-level experience to support the construction of a sustainable and successful federal program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business/management field from an accredited institution.
- 12+ years of project management experience and should have overseen the management of $100M programs or larger and over 75 personnel.
- Minimum of 10 years managing complex technology T&E programs
- Current PMP certification
- Capable of traveling up to 25%.
- Sole US Citizenship with eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain both TSA and DHS Suitability.
- Master’s degree in management, business, engineering
- Minimum of 5 years supporting DHS or TSA programs related to security screening technologies.
- Familiarity with security screening technology technical domains (X-ray, Electromagnetics, Trace)
- Familiarity with hardware and software engineering processes
- Already possess Secret Security Clearance and TSA suitability
- Defines project requirements that identify all elements of cost, schedule, and technical performance. Leads development and refinement of the program Work Breakdown Structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for project completion. Directs estimation of project costs.
- Manages cost, schedule, and performance. Implements project change management and control. Establishes project performance metrics that ensure successful completion of the project. Exercise’s control of project variances through root cause analysis and correction using tools such as Earned Value Management. Assesses the project impacts of scope, schedule and budget change requests and takes requisite action. Ensures that the project is maintained within the scope, budget and schedule of the baseline agreement and changes the baseline when appropriate client directed changes are approved.
- Recruits, selects, and negotiates with line management to build project teams. Continuously assesses strength of team and makes changes as required. Structures work of the project team to enable members to effectively use their talents, experiences, and skills to achieve common team goals.
- Proactively communicates with clients to ensure they are an integral part of the project for clarification of requirements and regular assessment of implementation progress. Builds client relationships to sustain and expand business opportunities. Influences client opinion on future program direction. Stays informed of the customer's business plans and priorities. Identifies high growth/value opportunities with the client and develops and executes opportunity capture plans. Positions team to win follow on programs. Provides sales support to the business development function.
- Collaborates with the Business Development staff to establish overall proposal strategies and themes which clearly
- Coordinates the selection of proposal team member organizations (strategic partners, sub-contractors, universities, product lines, etc.) and the efforts of the proposal team to formulate an offering that persuasively presents the project approach that meets the client needs and documents the value created for the client by this approach at a competitive price.
- Examines teaming options and completes preliminary teaming agreements.
- Provides project management expertise in contract negotiation activities and shall be knowledgeable with contractual issues relative to the project being managed relevant to scope of the work and scheduling and subcontracts.
- Prepares and presents presentations to internal management and to external customers to provide reviews and updates on technical aspects, cost, and schedule.
- Directs project risk planning. Applies processes and procedures to identify, analyze, classify, prioritize, and manage program risks to formulate a risk management plan that assigns responsibility, determines approaches and specifies mitigation approaches and contingencies in the risk management process.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.