Sr. Project Manager (w/ PMP)
The Client Services, IT Operations team at one of our largest Fortune 100 Energy clients is actively seeking a Sr. Project Manager to support and lead their Knowledge Management Program. This program would be supporting our client’s Digital Employee Experience (DEX) initiative that focuses on improving the digital employee experience. The Knowledge Management Program was created to enrich knowledge management capabilities and to make technical topics more comprehendible. As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the project that is aiming to change the way our client’s employees view IT; this means overseeing the transformation of technical documentation, standardization of documentation, and the content creation for successful knowledge transfers. If you are interested in independently supporting an enterprise-wide program at a Fortune 100 company, we encourage to you apply!
· 8+ yrs. of experience with functional Project Management.
· Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Communications, or similar field; OR equivalent experience.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate required.
· Background in technical writing or technical documentation creation is required.
· Project Management experience with an implementation of a learning management system is preferred!
· Experience with project management methodologies and project tracking through MS Projects or similar tool.
· Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations, learning management systems, content creation or similar.
· Working in an agile environment is a plus!
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Exceptional critical thinking, communication, grammatical and organizational skills.
· Managing the movement of integration releases through the build, test, and production environments.
· Manage the technical writers as they create and edit 2,000 documents (1500 are specific to ITIL and 500 are company-wide).
· Lead and deliver solutions to meet expected business outcomes by; 1) assisting in planning work activities, 2) analyzing requirements, and 3) enhancing, maintaining, or supporting existing products and processes to meet team goals and metrics.
· Apply knowledge of key business unit processes, systems, and initiatives and maintains knowledge of industry and IT trends. Contribute to strategy development.
· Facilitate cross-department coordination of knowledge management materials.
· Collaborate and communicate with Test Managers, Development Managers, IT Operations on daily basis to ensure article transformations and technical documentation upgrades are comprehensive.
· Support engagement with business partners and other stakeholders; manage scope and expectations with stakeholders.
· Implement continuous improvements associated with the project to support effortless customer experiences.
What’s in it for you?
A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 500 company in Baltimore, MD.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.