Database Administrator/Site Reliability Engineer
This Healthcare client is looking for an energetic and highly motivated SRE to join the team. If you are a Systems Engineer who loves automation, or a Software Developer who loves infrastructure, this job is for you! The SRE will be an integral part of our Data Engineering & Analytics team, and this individual should have a passion for technology and open-source software.
- Help build and deploy tools and systems that assist Data, Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software
- Work with development to help evolve our continuous delivery process
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills
- Have a strong sense of ownership for system uptime and performance
- Proven experience as a Site Reliability Engineer with a track record of ensuring system reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Strong background in software engineering with expertise in languages such as Golang, Java, or similar.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with backend engineering with a language such as go, Java, or Python.
- 5+ years in Linux system administration that includes expert level scripting in language such as bash.
- Strong experience with Databricks
- Strong experience with data warehouses in ETL
- Experience with environments that are focused on transformations within SQL Server
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic or PagerDuty
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with provisioning cloud infrastructure, particularly on AWS, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform or Ansible.
- Previous involvement in operating and maintaining distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability to provision and manage data warehouses.
- Proficiency in network engineering within cloud environments.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.