Sr. Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA 30339
12+ month contract
Brooksource is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to work with one of our clients in the Retail/Building Materials industry. Our client is a Fortune 30 company with an innovative technology environment that will give you exposure to cutting edge technologies like Spring Boot/Spring Batch, while being in an Agile, collaborative work environment where you will have the ability to provide strategic direction on the product that you are creating. This will be a heavy development role, so candidates that are technologist and engineering-minded are urged to apply!
- You will work in a balanced team of engineers building out our client’s API Gateway between two vital business units.
- Application is built within Java/Spring Boot and Batch framework and ReST.
- Currently utilizing GPC (where applicable).
- You will work in a paired/XP environment where the team does team does all their own automated testing – unit, integration, and end to end.
- Own the delivery and post-delivery of a selected application, and contribute as required on midsize to large, complex projects.
- Ensure web operations and non-functional system requirements are met.
- Participate in developing the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies.
- Client investing $3 Billion in IT organization over next 5 years
- Named Internet Retailer of the Year in 2015.
- Named Top-50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017.
- Free parking and flexible hours/casual dress when in office
- Fully Remote until further notice
- 3+ professional years of experience with programming languages/frameworks: Java 8, Spring Framework and/or Spring Boot/Batch.
- Candidates must have experience doing hands-on development building an application from the ground up.
- Experience with cloud/cloud deployments, large databases.
- Exposure to design patterns and application architecture (this is not an architect role, however)
- Bonus: Oracle/DB2 specific exp., Big Query exp.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies in a short amount of time.
- Ability to work with large and diverse technology teams.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.