Position: Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack Front End (React.js)
Location: O’Fallon, IL
Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret
Certifications: Security+ – or obtain within six (6) months of hire
Superlative Technologies (DBA SuprTEK) is seeking a full-time, experienced, and motivated Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) to be the technical lead for a full-stack development team utilizing the Scrum methodology. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) will oversee the planning, development, testing and integrating functionality assigned into web-based planning software supporting the warfighter. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) will interact with not only team members, but also with the Solution Architect, the Requirements Manager, and the System Team to ensure the efficient delivery of functionality.
The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) is responsible for the full-stack development of functionality by their agile development team. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) ensures the development processes are known and followed by the team. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) provides guidance to the team on technology, architecture, interfaces, and data services needed for the development effort. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) monitors the progress of the team members to ensure each team member understands what is expected of them and have the tools and knowledge needed to complete assigned work. The Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (React.js/Java) mentors the team as needed on technical or process issues to enable team growth.
- Oversees the planning, development, testing and integration of functionality.
- Develops, uses, enforces, and mentors others on good programming practices throughout the development process.
- Recommends, understands, and teach others how to use chosen technology to deliver new functionality as well as recommends changes to existing functionality.
- Responsible for the team’s implementation of functional requirements and ensures security, performance, and resiliency of developed solution.
- Understands external dependencies and system-to-system data flow.
- Understands the full software development lifecycle, deployment infrastructure, and tools supporting CI/CD pipeline and test automation.
- Debugging and assisting the team with issues that arise across the entire development life cycle.
- A Bachelor’s Degree related to computing, or the equivalent years of experience working in a related technical field.
- Four plus years of related work experience.
- Excellent technical, communications, and mentoring skills.
- Experience with full agile lifecycle software systems development within a continuous integration and testing environment.
- Must have experience with React or comparable frontend framework
- Experience with Linux or Windows environments.
- The ability to help resolve complex integration issues across multiple teams and external business partners that enhance productivity and grow business relationships.
- Demonstrated experience using and supporting:
- Developer tools including IntelliJ, NPM, Gradle, Git, SoapUI.
- Team Collaboration tools including VersionOne, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience in DoD or other Federal Agencies providing IT/software services.
- Knowledge of Agile Principles and the application of SAFe.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- An active Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- An active Security+ certification or the ability to obtain one.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.