<< Return to Search Results
Sr. Software Engineer
100% Remote Optional
12+ month contract
Brooksource is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team at a Fortune 30 client in the retail industry as they undergo a large scale integration. Our client is has a recognized innovative technology department, where you will have the ability to provide strategic direction on the product that you are creating from scratch within the Google Cloud Platform. We are building this team and product from scratch, so you would be apart of the solution from the ground up! This role will require mentorship to the development team, so candidates that are passionate technologists and engineering-minded are urged to apply!
Our team will be re-engineering a merchandising tool used in-store to create a more centralized, digital, modern platform. Your team will be responsible for building quality dashboards to optimize customers purchasing experience.
- Work and collaborate with a team of engineers working to enhance digital merchandising and E-commerce platforms
- Work within advanced Java platforms to build within their cloud environment and define functionality goals for the new application
- Own the delivery and post-delivery of a specialized application, and contribute as required on midsize to large, complex projects
- Ensure web operations and non-functional system requirements are met
- Participate in developing the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in related areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and high level of professionalism
- Knowledge and strong understanding of Java, and MERN (2 out of the 3 is fine)
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development, advanced knowledge of IT solutions, web applications development, enterprise application integration, functional specification and project management and related technologies
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and cross-team environment and being the functional go-to person with multiple business partners
- Demonstrated ability at leading and overseeing Agile developers
- Experience with cloud/cloud deployments, large databases (GCP and SQL specifically)
- Experience building API’s from scratch
- Jenkins and Kubernetes experience are preferred, but not required
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.