Sr. Software Engineer
Contract to hire
Can you please provide a summary of the project/initiative which describes what’s being done?
Working on a service layer that converts native API mostly built in JSON format to a HL7 FHIR API to interconnect health systems.
Please describe the team the candidate will be working with – how many members and what is the break-down of the team’s skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)? Team of 4 devs, 1 QA, 1 BA, 1 scrum master
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)?
Software development with Java. FHIR knowledge is a plus
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
• Serve as a senior software developer for the software platform developing FHIR-based REST APIs.
• Allocated time, on average:
• 75% of the time coding
• 25% of the time collaborating with solution architects/BA/QA on overall software implantation design and best practices
• Provide input on software solution designs
• Work across all teams as a subject matter expect
• Mentor junior software developers on coding designs and best practices
What skills/attributes are required (Please be detailed as to number of years of experience)?
• 6+ years of experience with hands on development with C# or Java
• 8+ years of experience dev
• 2+ years of experience EHR clinical integrations
• 2+ years of experience with integrating services into a cloud architecture
• 2+ years of experience working with Docker containers
• Experience working in Agile environment
We cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion
What skills/attributes are preferred (will set a candidate apart)?
• 2+ years of experience with good understanding on FHIR standard
• 2+ years of experience developing RESTFUL APIs
• The ability to execute existing queries as well as write SQL queries of varying complexity
• Experience with GIT for code repository
• Experience with Jenkins for deployment automation
• Understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- • Collaborate in team environment
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.