Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
This role is part of an Agile Scrum software development team, dedicated to our OBC project. The overall size will be 5-7 engineers plus a product manager.
– Design and develop software applications and application components in an Agile environment
– Create and maintain data-driven APIs to support a wide range of integration with healthcare partners
– Provide technical leadership to define and own implementation patterns that scale with our business
– Work as a partner with our product team to represent engineering interests and inform product decisions
– Follow engineering best practices and cultivate a best-practices culture
– Demonstrate a keen awareness of the importance of security, scalability, reliability, and feasibility in solution design
– Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems facing the health care industry
** Prior experience working with UnitedHealth Group strongly preferred.
** Prior software development experience required.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field of study, or equivalent experience
– 4+ years Java / J2EE software development experience with Java and Spring framework
– Experience delivering scalable microservices using containers and container orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
– Deep understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts and tools
– Ability to design patterns and performance optimization of services
– Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) data and standards (HL7, FHIR, and similar protocols)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.